Monday, May 12, 2008

Where is the smallscreen headed to?

I happened to tune into Gemini tonight - 9:30 PM - prime time and guess who was on TV?A bunch of 20 something gals - some of them who normally play the heroine's friend/sis and few of them contestants of Miss South India '08( if you are wondering - yeah they have come up with Ms.South India pegeant too!!!).Nothing to be happy about it. They are all on the stage dancing like crazy and trying to seduceGod knows who all....Even they themsselves don't know I believe. In fact it looked like a clip from the video made in a dance bar!I was horrified...I did see the promo of this program but I didnot totally beleive that small screen could beat the large screen in terms of "item song material". And that too this program was airing at a time when people sit together and try to have a nice dinner along with their loved ones and kids. Whatever is happening to our cute little TV???First it was all kinds of D-I-L vs. S-I-L/M-I-L fights without an end and then there were cheap reality shows and now this! OMG what did we do to deserve this?!? Remember the days when families sat together to watch Kashish, Surabhi, Byomkesh bakshi or even Ruthuraagalu....I am pretty sure our next generations will never get a feel of how pleasing TV can be.

2 comments:

K.Kiran said...

A few more...
Udaan
Nukkad
Kshithij Yeh Nahi.

Better switch on to NAT Geo or Animal Plant.

Anonymous said...

how can we forget malgudi days :)