Saturday, May 31, 2008

What a day!!!

This blospot of mine is no journal.Nevertheless,sticking to the intention of what I wanted to write here(check my blog name and its expl.), I have to put on this page a couple of my experiences rather adventures of today.

It started as a normal day , I had my coffee got ready and for a change didnot have to run for the bus :). The morning was getting better with my friends complimenting me on my new hair cut :P. As the evening approached I was totally rejuvinated thinking about going to hometown. Half past seven I was shutting down the PC and thats when it started...I couldnot find my home key!!!

A very cautious person that I am, this was something that never happened.I panicked and friends at work tried to help me.After a hour long of phone calls and vigorous searching I finally gave up an decided to go stay at Kamala's place for the night. The sweet thing she is, she was glad to help! Then out of the blue a colleague suggested to go check with the admin guys. I did that and guess what some good samaritan had found my home key in the office bus and had given it to them....Can you even imagine the relief and happiness I was overwhelmed with. I swear, you could have seen a 1000 Watt glow in my face....Thanking the admin guy who broke open an almirah to take out my key from secure box I left office.

It was almost a perfect ending to the adventurous evening until I took an auto from VDP to KYM. Well, this psycho of an auto driver ate my head bargaining and when I stood away from him trying to find another auto he came back to me and said he would go for the price I quoted. I agreed and when I got in and sat he zoomed at the pace of a jet. He shot through the signal when it was glowing red much to the annoyance and irritation of the others. And guess what he tells me "pattu rupai paatha uyire poyidum"(if you see for ten rupees you might lose your life). OMG that scared me cold....was he really going to take revenge on me for that bargain or what...which by the way is totally justified....thats it I shouted as loud as I could and said "Stop pannanga". He stopped and I made no delay in getting out of what seemed to me like an auto to hell! Took another sane looking guy's auto and sped home....And now...am more than happy to sit here relaxing and writing about this unforgettable day....phew....

Cherio !!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm,Hiring an Auto in Chennai,that is the last thing I would ever think of doing in my life.

An year back I had promised myself that never and never I will hire an Auto in Chennai and even today I am sticking to it.I rely on train or my Bike whether it is Tambaram to Beach or Beach to Tamabram or any other place to Chennai.

Anonymous said...

the best way to deal with auto guys in chennai..is to negotiate smartly if they do not agree to ur price then its better to go for otehr auto...or take other means of transport..I had experienced a simialr incident chennai..I was gettin late for my flight and the guy stops at petrol station at fills it uop sayin he wont go unless i agreed for his price I had to take a cab and go from petrol bunk...luckily i rchd on time for my flight

Selva - CTC Trekker said...

hi anjani,
selva here.....u got a very gud and worst experience...but iam sure u wil be very cautious henceforth....gud to read ur blog....continue ur writings...take care....if possible do keep n touch @ cselvamca@gmail.com...