Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another one to my favourites list

Honestly this was one contemporary movie that made my eyes wet.I can't remember the last time it happened.I have been waiting to watch "Juno' since quite some time now - since I heard about it during the Oscar nomination season.I finally got my eyes on it today - and yeah its worth the wait!
It starts with Juno (Ellen Page) getting pregnant with her close friend Paulie(Cera). The problem is both of them are just 16 and neither feels ready to be a parent. And kudos to Juno who doesnot even try to blame it on Paulie a single time. She just acts in a mega-matured way and decides to just have "the thing"(as she addresses the unborn at times) and give it to the adoption parents - Mark and Vanessa. And unlike other dramatic cliche' movies neither of Juno's parents torment her...they are just surprised that she let it happened. As her dad says 'I thought you were the kind of gal who knows when to say when'.
As the movie proceeds there is no sign of any dramatic phenomenon at all...Everybody around just acts in a matured way. The movie goes a long way in showing how an accidental pregnency doesnot have to always mean ruined lives but can actually give happiness to someone (Mark and Vanessa) and how it helps Juno realise her true love for Paulie.You can feel a lump in your throat when you see a deserted Vanessa look at her baby with so much hope - for her divorce from Mark feels like nothing when she thinks about the happiness she could get from the baby - in her words "everybody is born to do something - and am born to be a mom".
The movie has a freshness to it. The sound track is slow-paced and suits the movie.A get away from fast paced speed racers and fighter iron men, I am positive that every matured adult would appreciate Juno!

This one is my fav. from the soundtrack:
You're a part time lover and a full time friend
The monkey on your back is the latest trendI don't see what anyone can see in anyone else...but you
I'll kiss you on the brain in the shadow of the trainI'll kiss you all starry eyed my body swingin' from side to sideI don't see what anyone can see in anyone else...but you
Here is the church and here is the steepleWe sure are cute for two ugly peopleI don't see what anyone can see in anyone else...but you
Pebbles forgive me, the trees forgiveSo why can't you forgive meI don't see what anyone can see in anyone else...but you
I will find my niche in your carWith my MP3, DVD, rumble pack guitarI don't see what anyone can see in anyone else...but you

No comments: