Sunday, October 11, 2009

A little LH nostalgia

LH - My friends from college would immediately know what I mean.

A good friend of mine got married recently to her beloved,who also is from our college. I couldn't attend her wedding, although I really really wanted to.
When I browsed through the wedding pictures I saw all my friends from college days...all my co-inmates of LH and it just brought back all the sweet memories from my 4 years in NIT Warangal.
1 - How our gang always used to be the first gang to arrive in the mess - no matter how much we hated the food.
2 - How we shouted and scared each other during power failures
3 - How my room was the offical 'someone call' sight room
4 - The carzy dance in the midnight B'Day parties
5 - Silly walks around the Lawn
6 - Getting dressed up on festival days and making trips to 1000 pillar temple
7 - Shouting in the cinema halls of Warangal
8 - Going to Punnami at 8pm and running to catch the LH gates before they close
9 - Reserving bathrooms for roomates after we shower
10 - Chanting Rahul's name in the TV room (or may be Sachin's :))
....list goes on....
I'm just thankful to NITW for letting me have these amazing gorgeous talented and graceful women as my friends :D ...Love my hostel-mates

7 comments:

Sai said...

Cheering Rahul .... well ... I never knew Dravid had so many fans in "LH" ... was it for the looks or the Cricket ........ BTW ... who are the couple that u mentioned ?

Anjani said...

@Sai..It was Rahul for me , Sachin for some and Zaheer for many :)- keeping the looks aside we liked these guys for their cricket mostly...

Sai said...

I'm a big fan of Rahul Dravid ....

lovey-dovey said...

I miss those days too... nice reminder Anjani... those memorable days will the best...

Jayasri said...

and ofcourse those silly mirchi bajjis/ curry puffs from the istri saru...that hooting in the mess for our beloved BRs (you and kallu)...those shopping trips in hanamkonda...and how can you forget Kalinga in this post! :D

Good one Anjani..brought back a lot of memories...and yes, I just met the lovely couple today and we all went to Niagara falls...had fun!

Anjani said...

Kalinga....oh yeah...how cud I!!

Unknown said...

Hey Anjani ..really nice write up .......sare LH ke memories wapas agayi...woh mess table mai tumlogo ka mujhe bakra bana na...exam time pe logo ka neha,mere and shlaghs ke room time pass karne ana:)....sahi mai i am really grateful to NITW for all those moments and also for meeting all u gals