Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What made last weekend good was...


...that I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's.It's one of those feel good romantic comedies. I'm a huge fan of romantic comedies , especially the ones with more romance and lesser comedy :). Anyone would agree that movies like When Harry met Sally , You've got mail, French Kiss or Breakfast at T.'s are sure to make it one's 100 movies to watch anytime to cheer oneself up.

I couldn't have imagined anything better to do this windy weekend than getting cosy on the couch with Breakfast at T's playing.Although I had watched it already, I wanted to see it again.You see that's the thing with these romantic comedies, you can watch them again and again. I hardly remembered Moon river, but as soon as the titles starting coming up on the TV with Audrey Hepburn eating her croissant in front of Tiffany & Co. the tune came back to me. After all a tune doesn't win the Oscar without being qualified as memorable!

Audrey Hepburn amazes me. 8 years after Roman Holiday she still managed to look the same innocent looking 20-ish girl and portrayed her role so convincingly. You can't help but sympathise with the poor little Holly Golightly. She makes you fall in love with her inspite of the facts like she absolutely deserted her family back home and ran off for her own reasons, accompanies men for 50$ bills and turns her back on her true love Paul.

Apart from the deliberate fun made of Holly's Japanese neighbour upstairs, the portrayl of which even the Director Blake Edwards regretted later, the movie is a memorable one. For me it will always be a one of the best things to watch on a cold windy dull day :)

Image source - thecinemasource dot com

2 comments:

subbaraju said...

Yeah! I agree with you. Me too a big fan of romantic comedies. And I wanna add " Notting Hill ", "pretty woman " and many more...
[ btw did you study in krishnamurthy? ]

Anjani said...

subbaraju - are we acquaintances from krishnamurthy?