Monday, March 10, 2008

HSB

Hotel Saravana Bhavan - and you thought I was gonna write about some H. School of Business - Even if you did don't get disappointed, this is no less than a school of management in itself. My 3 and a half years in Chennai and I have never seen such professinalism and service like in HSB. It is something I like to flaunt to my non-Chennai friends.And the hygiene, comparable to those of international restaurants.Would you believe me if It old you that their operative kitchens are immaculate at any time of the day.Yes they are! At any given time a soiled plate is visible for no more than a couple of seconds. Every point in the HSBs have a person waiting on you attentively, a boy waiting to clear off the plates etc-Very recently I have noticed that HSB has started hiring women,they didnt't have women employees till a few weeks back....am not sure why the change - though I appreciate it :) The myth (or may be the actual truth)is that HSB management takes care of its employees i.e. waiters and their families to such a generous extent that it sponsers the education of their kids and has a lot of benefits like that. What impresses me and surprises me is that the taste of a particular item on the menu is same in any of the HSBs any where in the world on any day!!!I wonder how they achieve it.I really wanted to visit the HSB in NJ whenI visited Edison,NJ but couldn't.But am sure its the same. Whatever they do in HSB,they do it so well and have such impressive logistics that are worthy of a case study.If ever I wanted to submit a paper on logistics and hotel management , I know what I would write on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much said about your sarvana bhavan...u didnt take us there.

Unknown said...

hey maks,
i went to HSB in manhattan, good food, very udupi restaurant ambience, all andhra waiters. Also been to the one in Bay Area. havent been to chennai, so I cant tell if its the same or not. But it reminded me of good old south indian tiffin centers.

-Keerthi

Anjani said...

hey swetha..there needs to be something to look for in the next trip to chennai for u guys right :)
and kee...u r welcome to try out the chennai ones..lemme know when dear!

K.Kiran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anjani said...

hey k.kiran..thanks for the interest! but am not much into getting frnds with strangers :)
don't mind....thanks for ur time on the blog though!
all the best !

K.Kiran said...

Kiran,

From your perspective you are absolutely right.
Anyway it was nice meeting you,ofcourse virtually.

Have a nice day,
K.Kiran.

Anonymous said...

Hey
Nice post about Saravana Bhavan...
I am outsider to chennai and i always say Saravana Bhavan is my second home because of the tasty food they give me...
As far as about the taking care of employees, they definitely do... I have heard lot about it from my friend , who was having some business dealing with them...
The most important things i like is i can drink the water without any problems and the service they give you even at the fag end of the day... They never say we have this, they ask you what you want?...
Nice post